Program proposals for #Dalton18 will open on July 31, 2017!
Theme and Guiding Questions
Please review the 2018 theme and guiding questions before submitting a program or paper proposal.
Program Proposal Guidelines
- All proposals are due October 2, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
- Programs should relate to the annual institute theme or to broader themes related to areas such as character and values development in college students, student outcomes, campus environments, etc.
- Program sessions will be 60 minutes in length, inclusive of Q&A time.
- Completed submissions will be confirmed via email.
- Program proposals will be evaluated via a blind peer-review process by an independent panel of reviewers.
- Presenters of accepted programs are responsible for registering and submitting payment as full participants for the 2017 Dalton Institute.
- If you have questions about the submission process or experience issues with the registration process, please email us.
Program proposals will be evaluated in a blind, peer-review process according to the following criteria:
|Relevance to Institute theme or to the field of college student character development more broadly||Proposal draws clear connection to current theme or proposal draws clear connection to historical or contemporary themes including, but not limited to, character and identity development, values, ethics, spiritual development, service learning, or related topics|
|Presentation is grounded in relevant research, assessment, and/or practice||Presenter(s) have appropriate knowledge of and experience with the subject matter and have done due diligence in researching, planning, and assessing the topic or program being discussed|
|Practical application||Proposal establishes learning outcomes and measures to assess those outcomes; participants should leave the presentation with useful information and/or practical takeaways|
|Organization & clarity||Adherence to program submission guidelines; title and abstract effectively convey content of proposal and draw participant interest; logical flow of the presentation; minimal spelling and grammatical errors; presenter bio(s) communicate the particular experience and/or expertise of the presenter(s)|
Reviewers will provide an overall rating for each program proposal in addition to each individual sub-category